Job Role: The primary role is to build the company brand and expand the client base in the USA, UK and Australia. The individual will be responsible to take business development initiatives from strategy through execution, strengthening and growing organizations position within the Insurance Market both domestically and internationally. This will include Sales, Account Planning, Contract Negotiations, and Transformational Business Modeling to ensure achievement of the annual Global client base growth and revenue agreed targets.
The key responsibilities will be as follows:
1. Define, develop, and implement business development framework as a set of processes, sales tools and templates designed to be used together to manage a prospect through various stages i.e. from initiation, planning, executing, controlling and closing
2. Emphasize attentive, value-based interactions with clients and partners
3. Initiate and nurture business relationships with leading Property/Casualty Insurers/reinsurers/brokers/MGAs by providing them integrated insurance solutions to optimize their operations.
4. Assist the clients in accelerating time to profitability, improving policyholder services and reducing the frictional costs of doing business.
5. Provide solutions to clients by supporting them in launching new products, drive operations, deploy cutting-edge technology, enrich business processes and implement advanced analytics.
6. Devise business plan to project the company as a direct contributor to improvements in clients combined ratios and a source of multi-million dollar returns on investment.
7. Identify leads for the company to prospect for new clients by networking calling or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
8. Identify the decision makers within the client organization and connect with them by growing, maintaining, and leveraging existing networks and turn them into a robust pipeline of new opportunities promoting company s products and services;
9. Develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company.
10. Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop company differentiators
11. Structure deals and make joint presentations to prospect clients and lead the Sales discussions along with the Capability Leaders and subject matter experts
12. Prepare&submit formal business proposals - RFP and RFI and closing the transaction.
Measures of Performance:
Profitable growth Global client base revenue to grow by agreed %
- Onboard new clients and achieve new business targets while maintaining remaining within the agreed expense growth rate
- Develop go-to-market strategy for target regions ( US, UK, Europe and Australia) projecting targeted recurring revenue in 5 years.
- Delivering 50% improvement in annual sales production across the regions
- Exceed new business sales quotas consistently and achieve agreed target of New Business revenue from existing clients while maintaining and minimizing the expense growth rate.
- Identifying opportunities for large deals and onboarding clients accordingly
Ideal Candidate & Qualifications
- 20+ years of relevant work experience, gained within the insurance sector with a proven track record in global sales and business development, within the industry
- On-the-ground understanding insurance businesses operations and in-depth knowledge of the various functional areas within such companies, as well as hands-on experience with business strategy and planning
- Established connections with the insurers/reinsurers/brokers/MGAs at high decision making levels within major markets globally
- Strong leadership skills with ability and experience to close the deals
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Articulate, confident communicator and presenter
- Prepared for extensive travel internationally and be on the road atleast 50% of the time